Spanish learning at St John XXIII is based on practical communication and instilling a passion for language learning. Learning a new language is key to becoming part of the global community and we ensure that pupils at St John XXIII have a solid foundation for this journey.
By the time children leave St John XXIII, they will have mastered a range of skills that will support their future development. These are –
· To be good communicators – language will be modelled daily to encourage speaking and listening including in Spanish. Children will develop the vocabulary they need to converse with other cultures as well as conversing in their home language.
· To be enthusiastic, lifelong learners with a passion for other cultures and languages.
· To understand how to keep themselves safe and be respectful in their communities by being educated on different cultures around the world and different languages spoken
· To develop their God given talents by being creative in learning a new language
· To be independent, resilient learners who enjoy challenges faced when learning a new language.