PE Curriculum – Impact
As a result of our broad and balanced curriculum offer we envisage the children will become skillful, intelligent performers who can apply their physical, social, cognitive and emotional skills gained through PE to be effective leaders, communicators and team players in all areas of their lives.
- They will gain and develop skills performing with increasing physical awareness.
- They will learn how to select and apply skill, tactics and compositional ideas to suit activities that need different approaches and ways of thinking.
- To develop ideas in different ways and show creativity and understanding of the principles of the sport/ skills learned.
- Set targets for themselves are compete against others.
- Understand what it takes to persevere succeed and acknowledge the success of others.
- Respond positively to a variety of challenges being resilient and determined in the process.
- Take initiative, lead activities and focus on improving performances.
- Develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities.
- Lead healthy active lives
- Develop positive attitudes to participation in physical activity
- Engage in competitive sports and activities
- Embed the values of fairness and respect.
- Through pupil voice children talk enthusiastically about PE lessons and confidently talk about why PE is important. They enjoy active lessons and break and lunchtimes contributing to a healthy outlook.
- Pupils can link skills techniques and ideas and apply them accurately and appropriately. Pupils show good control in their movements.
- Pupils can compare and comment on skills, techniques and ideas that they and others have used,
- People use observations to improve their work.
- Pupils can explain important safety principles when preparing for exercise.
- Pupils can explain what effect exercise has on their body and why it is important.