Through the high quality first teaching of Modern Foreign Languages taking place we will see the impact of the subject in different ways:
- Children will be provided with opportunities to communicate with each other in Spanish.
- Children will be given the opportunity to look at other languages – particularly if children are bi-lingual.
- Children will learn how language skills can be applied to a range of languages.
- Children will become aware that language has structure, and that the structure differs from one language to another.
- Children will develop their language through development of the four key skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Children will enrich their language learning by developing an understanding of the Spanish culture. Our MFL curriculum ensures that children develop their knowledge of where different languages, including the range of home languages spoken by the families of the school, as well as Spanish, are spoken in the world.