Are you eligible for Pupil Premium?
Free Schools Meals and Pupil Premium Information
Currently, pupils in Years 1 and 2 as well as Reception children all receive free school meals, these are paid by government funding. This provision is called Universal Free School Meals or UFSM.
In addition to this funding, parents in low income families or those that are unemployed can also apply for Pupil Premium funding so that their children can receive free school meals in subsequent school years (Year 3 and onwards). Pupil Premium funding can also give children access to some discounted educational trips and events throughout their school years.
The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’.
If you qualify, your child/children can receive free school meals. If you are registered for Pupil Premium you may also get help with the cost of day trips and residential trips. In addition to the above support, you will also receive financial help with the cost of your child's first school uniform.
For every child registered, St John XXIII Catholic Primary School will receive £1,320 per year. This additional funding allows the school to provide an even better education for your child through the purchase of additional resources or staff to support learning.
Are you eligible?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you receive any of these benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Please note you are not eligible if you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit.
How to apply
- Checking if you are eligible is really quick and easy – you can check online at https://pps.lgfl.org.uk and get an immediate answer.
If you are eligible, your child’s school will be notified.
- If you are eligible and would like to apply, Click here for the link to Hammersmith and Fulham to apply for Free School Meals
- If you have any problems with applying for this support, please contact our school office on 0208 743 9428
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.