To find out more about the Special Educational Needs Local Offer click on the link below:
1. Who are the best people to talk to at St John XXIII Schoo about my child’s difficulties with learning, special educational needs or disability?
2. How does the school know if children need extra help and what should I do if I think my child has Special educational Needs?
3. How will the school let me know if they have any concerns about my child’s learning, special educational needs or disability?
4. How will the school consider my views and those of my child with regard to her/his difficulties with learning, special educational needs or disabilities?
5. How does St John XXIII School ensure the teaching staff are appropriately trained to support my child’s special educational needs and/or disability?
6. How will the curriculum and the school environment be matched and adapted to meet to my child’s needs?
7. What types of support may be suitable and available for my child?
8. How will you support my child to reach his/her learning outcomes?
9. How will we measure the progress of your child in school?
10. What opportunities will there be to discuss my child’s progress?
11. What is an EHC Plan and who can request one for one for my child?
12. How will you help me to support my child’s learning?
13. How is support allocated to children and how do they move between the different levels of support in school?
14. How will the school know that the support has made a difference to my child’s learning and how can I and my child be included in this review process?
15. How have we made this school physically accessible to children with SEND?
16. What support will there be for my child’s happiness and well-being at Pope John RC school? What is the pastoral, medical and social support available in the school?
17. How does the school manage the administration of medicines?
18. How will Pope John RC School support my child when they leaving this school or moving on to another class?
19. How will my child contribute their views?
20. Who can I contact if I have a complaint about the SEN provision made for my child?
21. If I have any other questions about my child at St John XXIII School, who can I ask?
Please click here to reach the Hammersmith and Fulham Local Offer website which provides information about services that children, young people and their families can expect from a range of local agencies. Knowing what is out there gives you more choice and therefore more control over what support is right for you